The SR-556® is now available in a Takedown model, an innovative twist on an already innovative rifle. Compact and easy to maintain, the SR-556® Takedown sets a new standard for the modern sporting rifle.
- Takedown barrel is removed from the upper receiver by moving the slider bar towards the breech, rotating the barrel and pulling it free (no tools required). For installation, slide the barrel into the upper and twist until it locks. The takedown mechanism provides a repeatable point of impact.
- A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2″-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Patented chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston provides a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier.
- Lower receiver is fitted with the Magpul® MOE® grip and MOE SL™ collapsible buttstock on the mil-spec buffer tube.
- Features front and rear folding iron sights. The front sight is both elevation- and windage-adjustable, allowing the zero to stay with the barrel when you swap it out.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- Also includes: convenient carry case; lock; three, 30-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines.